Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Ditemi la vostra....

vi invito a visionare questo sito: http://www.libertariansforobama.org/

Libertarian support for Obama
    I’m certainly not the first libertarian who has voiced his or her support for Obama’s candidacy.
    Here are some other arguments I’ve come across:
    #1: Obama recognizes “the the free market as a useful means of promoting social justice, rather than an obstacle to it.” “Obama instinctively supports free trade and grasps the universe of possibilities that globalisation opens up, and seamlessly integrates it into his ‘audacity of hope’ theme.” “Obama’s belief in freedom in labour markets and freedom in capital markets, sets him apart from the Republican field as well as the Democrats.”
    #2: “I’ve long followed Barack Obama’s campaign, but it was his ‘there will be no yes men’ comment, (repeated at the last debate,) that sealed it for me.‘I want somebody who can be an outstanding president, should something happen to me. I want somebody who’s got integrity and I want somebody who has independence. I want somebody who will tell me when they disagree with me… I don’t like having a lot of ‘yes’ people around me who are just telling me what I want to hear all the time. That’s part of what happened with George Bush. He surrounded himself with people who were of the same mind. As a consequence, once he started making mistakes on things like Iraq, they just kept on saying it was going OK, when it wasn’t.’” “[T]his a man that taught constitutional law at University Chicago – free market HQ. He’s at least familiar, if not in agreement, with classically liberal arguments.”
    #3: “Obama (tentatively) opposed the Iraqi War back in 2003, when it was a politically unpopular position to take. It was a principled decision, based upon how our invasion could and did backfire. For this reason alone, Obama deserves credibility and support.”
    #4 (translated from German): “May one support Obama as a libertarian? Recalling the abolitionist inheritance of our movement, which names such as Thoreau, Spooner and Tucker stand for, my answer, with which I do not stand completely alone, reads completely clearly: YES!”
    #5: “[O]f the three people who realistically still have a shot at the White House, he’s the only one I agree with on even a fraction of issues. He’s made some real noise about criminal justice reform, is at least amenable to reforming the drug laws. And though I have some fundamental disagreements with him on the proper role of government, he isn’t a bullshit artist, and seems genuinely amenable to new ideas. He isn’t wed to ideology. And of course, he has promised to end the war.”

AnarcoLiberale ''egoista'
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

The Libertarian Case for Obama

Seven potential upsides to a hope-monger presidency

For those who recognize that "libertarian Democrat" is no more oxymoronic than "libertarian Republican," a solid case can be made for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) as a Leader of the Free World who won't take that American Exceptionalism conceit as seriously as "Country First" Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Sure, we'll have to endure four or even eight years of warbling by Barbra Streisand at White House dinners. And I am under no illusions: Obama has more Populist-Progressive than Madisonian inclinations. But, guys and gals, Ms. Wasilla is no less stomach-churning than Babs. And the actual Republican presidential candidate is even more authoritarian than his Progressive hero, Teddy Roosevelt. John McCain is no friend of Friedman.

Thus, seven reasons libertarians can hope for the best from Obama.

1. Sen. Obama has met at least one war he doesn't love. His early pronouncements against the criminal enterprise in Iraq are enough reason, in themselves, to vote his way on November 4. Anyone paying the least attention must conclude that Lt. McCain's "cause greater than self" always involves the Army, the Navy, and the United States Marines (not necessarily in that order.)

2. The election of an African-American will end liberal racism as we know it. If an overwhelmingly white nation chooses a black leader, the Jesse Jacksons and other Mau Mauers for identity-based group preferences will be put out of business, as I explained here.

3. One word: Osmosis. You couldn't live in Hyde Park or teach at the University of Chicago with the intellectual curiosity of a Barack Obama without gaining at least some understanding of libertarian economics. That can't be said for most of the reactionary left-liberal wing of the Democratic Party dominating Capitol Hill. But I believe Obama is educable on free markets and I'm convinced that Democrats are ripe for a return in the next decade to the liberalism of our party's founder, Thomas Jefferson (I made this case two years ago in my libertarian Democrat manifesto.)

4. Obama is the best hope for keeping government out of your bedroom and away from your body. As would any Democratic standard-bearer, the senator from Illinois represents the pro-choice, pro-gay rights side of the cultural divide. And he has at least made interesting soundings about reducing America's status as the world's number one jailer, much of which is tied to drug offenses and other crimes without victims. No libertarian can feel comfortable with a Republican candidate who doesn't echo the personal choices demanded by his supposed hero, Barry Goldwater.

5. The hidden hand did well this month punishing stupidity. But libertarians committed to free markets, not corporate oligarchs, must pause to consider the need for field-leveling regulation. More precisely, we should ask whether there was sufficient enforcement of reasonable restraints already in place. We need Republicans to stand against excessive tinkering in markets, of course. But my modest retirement fund may be safer with Democratic regulators in charge than rogue elephants.

6. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Yes, we need to restore America's reputation around the world. Anybody who's traveled beyond the Atlantic and Pacific in the past eight years knows America needs a makeover. Whatever you think of Barack Obama—unless, like the mindless U!S!A! crowd, you don't care what the world thinks—he will restore much of the goodwill we have lost when he raises his hand on January 20, 2009. That's significant for libertarians who believe in the importance of the nation most committed to free markets and free minds—ours—leading by example. More-of-the-McSame in foreign policy is something we can't afford.

7. Finally, Barack Obama is smart enough to follow the aspirations of the Gen Y, Millenials, and Echo Boomers next up on the American political stage. They want choices in both their bank accounts and their bedrooms. I don't have much empirical evidence for that, though the college students I teach suggest that such libertarian leanings are on the rise. After all, a generation growing up with an explosion of mega-data-informed choices literally at its keyboard fingertips will resemble the self-sufficient, liberty-loving founders of the Agrarian Age more than they'll resemble the social welfare liberals of the Industrial Era who gave us one-size-fits-all central authority mandates.

The oldest candidate in American history won't inspire such potentially libertarian change—but the senator from Illinois can. It's change in which you and I can believe, whether or not we believe in any candidate, including Barack Obama.

Terry Michael is Director of the non-partisan Washington Center for Politics & Journalism and former press secretary for the Democratic National Committee. He blogs at www.terrymichael.net.

Libertarian
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Domenico con quell'avatar non mi venire a parlare di elezioni^^

any man
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Pure Berlusconi a parole dice le stesse cose.

“Obama instinctively supports free trade and grasps the universe of possibilities that globalisation opens up, and seamlessly integrates it into his ‘audacity of hope’ theme.”
    Obama parla di Fair trade e in bocca a un politico questa parola mi ricorda Tremonti.

“Obama’s belief in freedom in labour markets and freedom in capital markets, sets him apart from the Republican field as well as the Democrats.”
    Rafforzamento del diritto di sciopero per legge, innalzamento del salario minimo, non mi rappresentano grande fiducia nel mercato del lavoro.

L'iraq continuerà indipendentemente dallo smobilizzo o meno delle truppe a rimanere una tassa per gli usa fino a quando non si riprenderà economicamente.

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da (Controcorrente Visualizza Messaggio
    Domenico con quell'avatar non mi venire a parlare di elezioni^^

guarda libertarian che non ci sto capendo più niente, già non capisco quasi niwente d'inglese, io ero rimaso all'astensione, ma in america che sta succedendo, tutti per obama?? vorrei capire???

any man
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da domenicolet. Visualizza Messaggio
    guarda libertarian che non ci sto capendo più niente, già non capisco quasi niwente d'inglese, io ero rimaso all'astensione, ma in america che sta succedendo, tutti per obama?? vorrei capire???
    Saltano sul carro del vincitore oppure temono che MCCain sia peggio. Ma le giustificazioni mi paiono ridicole.

Estremista della libertà
    Stanza dei bottoni del Forum "Libertarismo"
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Un po' di colpa ce l'ha anche il sinistrismo di Ron Paul, diciamocelo.

Vivo all'estro
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserzioni Blog

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da domenicolet. Visualizza Messaggio
    vi invito a visionare questo sito: http://www.libertariansforobama.org/

Libertarian support for Obama
    I’m certainly not the first libertarian who has voiced his or her support for Obama’s candidacy.
    Here are some other arguments I’ve come across:
    #1: Obama recognizes “the the free market as a useful means of promoting social justice, rather than an obstacle to it.” “Obama instinctively supports free trade and grasps the universe of possibilities that globalisation opens up, and seamlessly integrates it into his ‘audacity of hope’ theme.” “Obama’s belief in freedom in labour markets and freedom in capital markets, sets him apart from the Republican field as well as the Democrats.”
    #2: “I’ve long followed Barack Obama’s campaign, but it was his ‘there will be no yes men’ comment, (repeated at the last debate,) that sealed it for me.‘I want somebody who can be an outstanding president, should something happen to me. I want somebody who’s got integrity and I want somebody who has independence. I want somebody who will tell me when they disagree with me… I don’t like having a lot of ‘yes’ people around me who are just telling me what I want to hear all the time. That’s part of what happened with George Bush. He surrounded himself with people who were of the same mind. As a consequence, once he started making mistakes on things like Iraq, they just kept on saying it was going OK, when it wasn’t.’” “[T]his a man that taught constitutional law at University Chicago – free market HQ. He’s at least familiar, if not in agreement, with classically liberal arguments.”
    #3: “Obama (tentatively) opposed the Iraqi War back in 2003, when it was a politically unpopular position to take. It was a principled decision, based upon how our invasion could and did backfire. For this reason alone, Obama deserves credibility and support.”
    #4 (translated from German): “May one support Obama as a libertarian? Recalling the abolitionist inheritance of our movement, which names such as Thoreau, Spooner and Tucker stand for, my answer, with which I do not stand completely alone, reads completely clearly: YES!”
    #5: “[O]f the three people who realistically still have a shot at the White House, he’s the only one I agree with on even a fraction of issues. He’s made some real noise about criminal justice reform, is at least amenable to reforming the drug laws. And though I have some fundamental disagreements with him on the proper role of government, he isn’t a bullshit artist, and seems genuinely amenable to new ideas. He isn’t wed to ideology. And of course, he has promised to end the war.”

Ti dico la mia:
    vaffanculo ,assieme a questi inesistenti fantocci ( e,se davvero esistono,questi esseri inferiori)

Vivo all'estro
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inserzioni Blog

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da ARI6 Visualizza Messaggio
    Un po' di colpa ce l'ha anche il sinistrismo di Ron Paul, diciamocelo.
    Verissimo e le mie critiche a Ron Paul sul punto le ho fatte tutte e ci stavano tutte,ma ora chiariamo benissimo pure un altro un punto separato:
    Ron Paul ,il quale ha appena finito per sostenere Chuck Baldwin del Constitution Party( tra parentesi pure affiliato agli ora famosi indipendentisti dell'Alaska)vale a dire..un "estremista di destra"alla anglo e che a appena finito di lottare con le unghie contro bertuccia e gion uein ed i 2 partitoni/e unico contro il bail out..e denunciarne la criminalita'mentre chiariva pure ,su ogni mezzo comunicativo disponibile, che le colpe di questa situazione NON erano del mercato libero,piuttosto il contrario e che gli affossatori dell'economia erano proprio i politicanti che oggi votano il bail-out...LUI ,Ron paul..almeno questo bisogna garantiglierlo ..con l'essere inferiore ,con cita il comunista balbuziente e differentemente bianco lui proprio non ha NULLA a che fare.

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Steppen Visualizza Messaggio
    Ti dico la mia:
    vaffanculo ,assieme a questi inesistenti fantocci ( e,se davvero esistono,questi esseri inferiori)

e che ta pigli a fà con me????

Pagina 1 di 8 12 ... UltimaUltima